Friday, October 12, 2007

Week 3: #5 Flickr

This exercise is a bit confusing, so it's a good thing some of the other staff are further along than I am.

I was acutally at the Banff Springs Hotel once. It was tough, but I survived it. (Of course, I was younger then)

What you can't see in this picture is the Bow River that runs beside the hotel. There is a terrace with a fantastic view of the rapids just below. Perhaps I can find one of my old pictures (circa 1978) and post it later. It is really pretty incredible.

1 comment:

Random blogger said...

I love your Louisiana home! The Banff Springs Hotel is pretty close to MY home, so I was astonished to see it on your blog. When I was a kid, the hotel(and the times)were much more formal. One didn't enter the lobby in one's 'travelling clothes'. So I grew up aspiring to stay there some day, and to turn heads as I glided through the foyer in some sumptuous ball gown. By the time that day came, the hotel catered to a more casual crowd, and I tromped across the lobby wearing my down jacket and pants, and I did turn heads, but not to look at me; they were all looking at my dog!